Unity 3D may be a popular game development platform widely acknowledged by professional developers. Its outstanding features often make it a platform of choice when it involves mobile game development.
Surely, every game development tool features a number of benefits and well as downsides. If you’re trying to make a decision on your ultimate platform for creating mobile games, this text will assist you understand the weak and therefore the strong points of developing with Unity 3D.
The Pros Of Using Unity 3D For Mobile Game Development
Unity may be a platform behind the maximum amount as 50% of mobile games! Clearly, game devs favor it due to its quite exclusive features. Below is that the list of the foremost prominent ones.
1. 2D and 3D Support: with Unity 3D you’ll build both 2D and 3D games with exceptionally great-looking graphics. Moreover, it natively supports AR/ VR, although it also integrates with third-party tools and services for building AR/VR games.
2. Excellent design interface: the planning UI is comparatively simple. you’ll easily drag and drop design elements, and switch to code when necessary.
4. Extensive asset library: the platform offers a plethora of assets you’ll buy or add for free of charge in Unity Asset Store.
5. Cross-platform development: Unity enables you to publish to most desktop and mobile platforms, which makes it just about universal, although you’ll need to tune it up a touch to satisfy platform requirements. Enabling game distribution through one hub, Unity will easily allow you to publish to multiple web stores. beat all, Unity supports over 25 different platforms, aside from Android and iOS.
6. Strong support community: Unity features a vast community of supporters across the online . Its popularity is additionally increasing exponentially, with Unity Developer being one among the highest 10 fastest growing jobs within the US consistent with LinkedIn. It also has great, fully functional tech support also as tips, hands on manuals and overviews to assist you get proficient in game development.
7. Great pricing policy: its core functionality is free. It does request payment for a few extra features, though. For mobile game developers, Unity also offers some exclusive monetization solutions.
The Cons of Using Unity 3D to create Mobile Games
Experienced developers may find Unity limiting, while, if you’re making your first steps into game development, you’ll find it intimidating and sophisticated . Unity 3D does require time and expertise to uncover its full potential.
1. Complex interface: Unity is loaded with features, and a fast check out its interface can cause you to feel overwhelmed. Its power, though, makes up for the complexity. as an example , you’ll use 3D graphics in your 2D project, for a sleek and modern look. Creating basic 3D objects is additionally quite easy, also as combining them into more complex ones.
2. Coding skills: those trying to find an easy drag and drop tool could also be disappointed. You’ll got to attach a code to some objects to form them function, and, surely, you’ll need good working knowledge of C# to create something truly impressive with Unity 3D.
3. Visual Studio issues: Microsoft Visual Studio usually work well, but may sometimes request to log in and ensure your registration within the middle of the event process. this might hinder the event and sometimes feels frustrating.
4. Undocumented features: Unity 3D has some excellent features for mobile game development, but the documentation for them is either outdated or nonexistent. you’ll need to search the online or ask the community of Unity supporters for tips and advice.
Bottomline: beat all, Unity 3D pros outnumber the cons, so we might highly recommend it for professional mobile game development. If you’re proficient in programming and are willing to devote a while to deciding its complicated interface, Unity 3D might be your #1 platform of choice for building mobile games.
Generally speaking, Unity 3D may be a mid-level tool, and if you would like to make AAA games, you’ll probably need to check out other professional platforms. Yet, many blockbuster games like Warlords of Aternum, Arena of Valor and Judgment Day On Earth were created using Unity. It also remains one among the highest platforms for mobile game development. As of today, top Android games built with Unity 3D include: Alto’s Adventure, Shadow Fight 3, Monument Valley, Pako Car Chase Simulator, Orbit, Angry Birds 2 and more.
With this in mind, we’ve tailored our mobile backend solution to support Unity 3D. Built by VARTEQ, Festi Cloud Platform for mobile development completely supports out of the box Unity 3D Engine integration. With Festi Cloud Platform connecting your server side backend together with your game development engine is straightforward and easy .
Most mobile game developers realise the importance of a reliable backend – to the purpose once they attempt to build their own. At VARTEQ we’ve better solution. Request a free trial of our Festi Cloud Platform now to get a scalable, flexible and reliable asset you’ll fall back on as you build your mobile apps and blockbuster games!